Board index Off Topic Music chat-room

Re: Favorite J-Music artists aside from Mika?

Postby love.addict » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:33 am

I love the following:

utada hikaru
ayumi hamasaki
koda kumi
namie amuro
asian kung fu generation
thelma aoyama
DOUBLE
EXILE
MISIA
Sowelu
ai otsuka
monkey majik
boa
Rurutia
alan
mink
AZU
love.addict

Postby ratchet-chan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 am

Utada Hikaru. I stumbled upon ULTRA BLUE in a Best Buy in 07 and bought it just because it was there. To date it's the only Japanese CD I own.

I've recently gotten into an Idol singer from the 80s, Meiko Nakahara. She wrote all her stuff, and did some themes for Dirty Pair and Kimagure Orange Road. It's annoying though, because it's hard for me to even FIND her music and I can't even find KANJI lyrics for most of them, let alone romaji or translations. :cry:
ratchet-chan

Postby ray » Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 pm

^ Utada's 'Ultra Blue' album is one of my favourite albums by her. I especially like 'This is Love', 'BLUE', 'Nichiyō no Asa' and 'Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro'. I really hope Utada will release a new single/album very soon!
ray

Postby ashado » Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Here's my list of favorites. I put them in alphabetical order because I'd have a hard time listing them according to how much I like them.

• alan
• Angela Aki
• BONNIE PINK
• Eri Nobuchika
• Hikaru Utada
• Kana Nishino
• melody.
• MiChi
• MONKEY MAJIK
• Namie Amuro
• Tommy february6
• Yuna Ito
ashado

Postby cute-star » Tue May 18, 2010 11:49 pm

1. Thelma Aoyama
2. Sowelu
3. BoA
4. JASMINE
5. Yuna Ito
6. Nami Tamaki
7. May J
~I wanna be loved~
cute-star

Postby mcqueen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm not so into J-music (i'm a J-films fan btw :D ) so I don't know much about other artists aside Mika. Of course I hve some artists whom I found impressive, but I'm not a fan of them:

1. Bump of Chicken: a Rock Band. I love their recent album, "Present from you". Their songs have meaningful lyrics and peace rhythm.

2. Cocco: a unique fold rock singer. I like the way she performs her songs, very powerful and addicted.

3. GreeeeN: a rock band. I think their music is very catchy, easy to hear and easy to like. Most of their songs have "party auroma" in them.

4, 5...: YUI, Three Michelle Gun Elephant, B'z, Kariyushi 58, MONGOL800, Sambomaster, Tegomass, Hirai Ken...
mcqueen

Postby IceQueen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 pm

I listen to Japanese music almost exclusively (with the exception of some K-pop, C-pop and American rock), so I have a huge list of favorite Japanese artists~

J-pop - Utada Hikaru, Kato Miliyah, YUI, Aragaki Yui, Onitsuka Chihiro, Hamasaki Ayumi, Angela Aki, Tsuji Shion, Ringo Shiina, Koda Kumi, Nishino Kana, Amuro Namie, Ito Yuna, Home Made Kazoku, T.M. Revolution, Ikimonogakari, CHiAKi KURiYAMA, Hayashibara Megumi, Rie Fu, Wakeshima Kanon, Kalafina, Suga Shikao.

J-rock/VK - Miyavi, the GazettE, Girugamesh, Antic Cafe, Tsuchiya Anna, Kitade Nana, LM.C, OLIVIA, Tommy heavenly6, SCANDAL, Gackt, abingdon boys school, Alice Nine, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Nightmare, Sadie, Acid Black Cherry, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, SID, 12012, Matenrou Opera.

Johnny's Entertainment - KAT-TUN, NEWS, Arashi, Kanjani8, Hey! Say! JUMP, Tackey & Tsubasa, and some Kinki Kids.

The categories don't always apply to some of the artists, but I tried to organize them as much as I could ^^
IceQueen

Postby darkforest » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:31 pm

1. Chihiro Onitsuka - My favorite artist! I love her powerful voice and her songs. Her songs are often very emotional. And her vocals matches the songs perfectly.

2. Cocco - Another artist that compose emotional songs. I also love her voice.

3. Kokia
4. Bonnie Pink
5. Chitose Hajime
6. JUJU
7. Utada Hikaru
8. Garnet Crow
9. Ayumi Hamasaki
10. UA
11. bird
13. MISIA
14. Ando Yuko
darkforest

Postby Lucy Saxon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 pm

In no particular order:

Hamasaki Ayumi
Koda Kumi
Otsuka Ai
hitomi
Utada Hikaru
Mink
Shimatani Hitomi
OLIVIA
Ito Yuna
Tommy heavenly6
Lucy Saxon

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:30 am

I need to add Tohoshinki (all 5 guys) to my list! They have amazing acapellas, and they are also charming and wonderful dancers :) !
Lauren

PreviousNext

Return to Music chat-room