Board index Kumonoito.net Announcements

A Contest for Mika's 10th anniversary?

Postby Utena » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 pm

I've been thinking it over and over again and I think it could be a nice idea to organise a contest or some kind of activities to celebrate this step of Mika's career as a fan.

I want it to be something original and interesting for the organisers and for the participants.
I'm still unsure on how to make this works and what to do exacly.. That's why I would like some people to help me with this.
Of course you can all share your ideas and envies. I think it would be better than just do it all on my own.

Some years ago, Nana-Nana.net organised some kind of book made of letters/artworks from fans when she went to New York. I think it would be nice if we could send something like this to Mika.
I'm sure she'll be happy to see she has many fans overseas!
That said, I still need to see how it could be possible to send something to Mika, maybe send it to her fanclub address ?

If you have any other ideas, please express yourself as much as you want. There's no stupid ideas, just told us anything that might come up in your mind! :D

Also, if you feel like you would like to be a part of this project, like organising it with me etc.. (receiving entries, checking everything, helping me with the design etc etc) Please send me a PM or post here ^_^!!
Utena
Site Admin

Re: A Contest for Mika's 10th anniversary?

Postby Made » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:57 am

I love that idea!!!! We can do whatever we want, we're many thinking minds!!
and I can do anything for Mika

really you can send it to her fanclub?? :O
Made

Postby Made » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 am

sorry it's everything* xDDDDDD not anything (my bad english!!!)
Made

Postby Harleyquinn5780 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 am

HI! I'm a new member but longtime lurker and Facebook fan. :) I love love love this idea. I think all the fans could create a page for a fan book. You could give certain dimensions, and fans could make a drawing, collage,painting, or write a poem for her. It would be easy to bind and ship then. If you don't want to do the same thing as a book, we could also do quilt panels and sew them together. :) Whatever you plan to do I'm in!!!
Harleyquinn5780

Postby micaddict » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 am

That's FANTASTIC...
I remember the project of Nana-nana.net well... I was so much impressed when I read those lines about the scene when Lisa-san could hand the "fanbook" to Mika-chan at NANA2's int'l premiere in NYC.

I don't know what I can do, and also I'm not a fan "overseas" (sadly), but let me support this "wonderful" project.
micaddict

Postby Utena » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 am

Alright so let's go for making a book!
I don't think something really big is interesting. I mean of course it has its qualities, but I would rather go for something square-ish (19cmx19cm) with spiral binding system and some kind of box to protect everything, a bit like on those pictures >>

The price is about the same for A4 or 19cmx19cm
We can also aim for a 21.59x21.59cm but without the spiral blinding thing. It'll look more like a regular book.
Utena
Site Admin

Postby Saya » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hmm. good idea! :D
but how should we gather all our letters or stuffs?
I prefer hand-written letters though :lol:
What about the fee of the stuffs that are needed in making the book (papers, folders, etc.)?
If I can change the world,
I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You will think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
Saya

Postby Utena » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm

The main problem with hand-written letters are to be able to scan them.
Other than that, I don't have any objections regarding that matter.

That said, I'm pretty sure Mika doesn't understand English at all. I need to think about a way to make things easier for her as well, like translating to Japanese all the letters.. But I'll need some help here because I don't have much trouble understanding/reading Japanese, but as to explain myself or translate English to Japanese, it's a whole different story.

Maybe Micaddict could help us a bit, but I definitly can't ask him to translate everything, way too much work if we end up with more than 100 letters it'll be a tough job.

But well, I'm sure she'll ask someone to translate for her if she really wants to read it anyway :)

That's secondary for now, I'll see how things are going once the project is running. :)

As for the fees, it should cost about 20-40euros to print it and send it should be about 10-20 euros depending on the weight.
I still need to find the address where to send it, but I believe I saw it on the FC papers somewhere... ^^"
Utena
Site Admin

Postby Utena » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Alright so thanks to Micaddict, we have an address to send the book to!
I'll work on everything tomorrow and the project will be openned for entries during the week end :)
Utena
Site Admin

Return to Announcements