Board index Mika Nakashima Chat-Room

Your favorite Mika Album?

THE END (NANA starring Mika Nakashima)
No votes
Total votes : 29

Re: Your favorite Mika Album?

Postby ray » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 pm

This was a difficult choice, but I voted for 'TRUE'. For a début album, it was an incredible high standard with lots of great upbeat songs and ballads. The album also contains 'TEARS', my most favourite Mika song, along with other tracks I really like, such as 'STARS', 'WILL', 'ONE SURVIVE', 'A MIRACLE FOR YOU', 'CRESCENT MOON', 'HELPLESS RAIN', 'I' and 'HEAVEN ON EARTH'.

I think 'VOICE' is a good album as well because it contains 'Koe', 'FOCUS', 'LIFE' and 'ORION' and 'conFusiOn'.

Postby singingspider » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Music. I probably like her third tour "Lets Music Tour 2005". Her last song (Hitori) on the final day is really moving. Look at the DVD if available. I also like 'Fake' and 'Fade up' is this album. It is amazing that many of you voted for Music. I thought it could be the most recent album.

Postby Speakeasy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:40 am

In order of preference:

MUSIC - A stunning masterpiece of pop craftsmanship, every song is memorable and serves a purpose (with the exception of Hitori - the single version is vastly superior; the criminally left-out ballad version of LEGEND also deserved an honorable mention), not to mention some killer singles like LEGEND, Sakura-iro and Inori.

YES - It showcases the depth and integrity of Mika as an artist. I'm glad to see it's so popular here considering it's her least commercial successful album to date. It's different and I would've never seek out anything remotely country-influenced had it not be YES, so kudos to it.

LOVE - It's unbalanced but very well-made, the presence of Love Addict and Seppun gave it a much-needed left-center edge over VOICE, which is also a very well-made pop album.

VOICE - I am still trying to justify my liking of the album. It's not bad at all, but I never found it any more than a guilty pleasure for me. Even the highlight of the albums are mainstream to say the least (Eien no Uta, Focus and Orion). And don't get me started on I Don't Know and Shut Up... what made her think these two would even fit remotely on here?

TRUE - I don't hate it, but I never find myself bothering with again after the initial listen. Mika's persona is simply not developed in this. I can comfortably forget about its existence while hardly missing any highlight of her career.

Postby disaster9 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:36 am

I think there's no contest with this one. :lol:

MUSIC is truly a stunning feature; Mika dared to experiment further despite potential loss of sales (which happened) but look at how much people love it? I think with MUSIC, Mika established a loyal fanbase and turned away from catering to casual listeners.

Postby love.addict » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 am

LOVE has to be my favorite album. most of my favorite songs are on it.
each track has its very own interesting level, makes me feel good all over again...

Postby l3ouleval2d707 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:24 am

i love all mika's album. i just love them all.

if i have to choose the most favourite one,i go for LOVE :)
LOVE is the album that makes me crazy about mika soooo much.
when i heard 'Venus in the dark' for the first time, i was like 'this is what i'm always looking for!'.
although other albums like MUSIC is way better than LOVE, LOVE is still my favourite :)

Postby disaster9 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 am

Nobody likes Voice or THE END at all? :lol:

Postby Utena » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm

I love VOICE as well, it's probaby my second favorite after MUSIC.
THE END is nice, but I don't consider it as a 100% Mika Nakashima album.
I enjoy it, but not as much as her casual albums :)
Site Admin

Postby phoenix.blood » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:17 am

VOICE was Mika's first album I've listened to, leaving most impression too. after that I discovered the appeal of TRUE, LOVE and YES. well lately THE END. MUSIC was heaven :)

Postby ratchet-chan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 am

LOVE. It's a SOLID listen from beginning to end. Despite the fact that I don't totally understand the lyrics (I've got translations of course, but I've learned that you can't fully trust a translation - which is why I'm gonna learn Japanese!), it feels like a cycle. And LAST WALTZ is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

YES deserves a mention simply because of the direction she chose. It even seems weird on paper.

Return to Chat-Room