Board index Mika Nakashima Chat-Room

Putting Mika and Ugly in the same sentence?

Postby muigeital » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

i was reading the chinese newspaper today and i saw something that made me not too happy...

japanese netizens are saying that mika has been looking quite ugly recently. they are speculating that it may be due to a failed plastic surgery procedure. and also they have been noticing how poor her skin is.

omgee...when i saw "mika has been looking quite ugly". my jaws literally dropped cuz i'm shocked at how could anyone make such a comment about someone that is so drop dead goregous!!! and plastic surgery? um okay, don't even go there, she's 100% natural. to be honest, i think people just find her too fashion forward. not everyone has an open mind like a fashionista. i understand how her skin may be lacking cuz i'm a girl too, and when i'm busy and stressed like how she is, my skin would look like crap too. it's biological and totally normal, and you know what? my skin is pretty crappy right now too! i'm gonna go do a facial mask after posting this! =_="

how do you guys feel, when you see such negative comments towards someone you adore very much, like mika here?
♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥
muigeital

Re: Putting Mika and Ugly in the same sentence?

Postby willgorgor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Is it a Hong Kong newspaper? Doesn't matter. HK newspapers/magazines treat artists like shit.
They don't have respect for anyone, not even their own HK artists. They are not good with facts
and only knows how to fabricate stories. This is nothing new though, they like to call people old and
ugly all the time. It's worthless crap.

My heart is still filled with rage after more than 6 years when I think about how the HK media treated Leslie. They won't say anything if it isn't negative. Only MingPao and the Japanese media treated Leslie with respect. Leslie was and is still one of the most beloved stars in HK and yet the HK media treated Leslie like shit. That says enough about their respect towards people.

About Mika, let's show us some prove that Mika had plastic surgery first then we talk. Why would Mika anyway? What needs to be done about Mika? Nose, eyes, lips, chin, everything is perfect imo.
Celebrities are humans too, their skin isn't always in top condition.
Last edited by willgorgor on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willgorgor

Postby Utena » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

lol I don't see the plastic surgery here... That's more hilarious than anything else.
She's been looking the same since she debuted.

Yeah well, that's true that her skin is not looking so good lately, but I also have periods when my skin looks a bit weird. That's what we call hormons effects on the skin lol
She's not looking ugly, that's way too much strong to use the work ugly for Mika.

They're just jealous XD
Well, she's not perfect, but she definitly is someone whom you can call a mysterious BEAUTY.
Utena
Site Admin

Postby yuzo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 pm

[quote="Utena"]
She's been looking the same since she debuted.
/quote]

Yeah! :S She is'nt the most beautiful woman on the world:S but She is so beauftiful, for me!
yuzo

Postby Ana » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:56 pm

That's just stupid of them to go ahead and diss Mika. Mika is so damn beautiful she makes all the hot women in Hollywood look ugly. No offense to J. Lo and Angelina Jolie, who are also among the good-looking women out there...it's just that Mika may be the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Postby muigeital » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 am

willgorgor wrote:Is it a Hong Kong newspaper? Doesn't matter. HK newspapers/magazines treat artists like shit.They don't have respect for anyone, not even their own HK artists. They are not good with facts
and only knows how to fabricate stories. This is nothing new though, they like to call people old and
ugly all the time. It's worthless crap.

My heart is still filled with rage after more than 6 years when I think about how the HK media treated Leslie. They won't say anything if it isn't negative. Only MingPao and the Japanese media treated Leslie with respect. Leslie was and is still one of the most beloved stars in HK and yet the HK media treated Leslie like shit. That says enough about their respect towards people.

i live in toronto and i read mingpao, so it's somewhat a watered-down ver. of the hk one. but yea, hk magazines are brutal and plain nasty. i learned most of my bad words and slang from reading them, lol. what happened with leslie? was it press about his death or him overall? you know what, it seems like in the world today, no one doesn't get bashed unless they end up dead. i truly think michael jackson is a prime example.

Ana wrote:That's just stupid of them to go ahead and diss Mika. Mika is so damn beautiful she makes all the hot women in Hollywood look ugly. No offense to J. Lo and Angelina Jolie, who are also among the good-looking women out there...it's just that Mika may be the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

i agree! when i first saw her Love Addict pv, i was too busy paying attention at her than the song itself. my main goal was to know who she is cuz she was so beautiful and exotic!
♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥
muigeital

Postby honeytoast » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:12 am

Don't these people have anything better to do than to constantly criticize and talk shit about anyone and anything? I don't understand why they make such a big deal. Plastic surgery this, plastic surgery that. Yeah, let's start talking crap about how people look and not care about their hard work they put out because that's all we care about. It's sad. It's reminding me of the Angelababy gossips, ughh. Geez, whatever! Like Utena said, they're jealous! Pssh. I find Mika to be such a unique, beautiful and mysterious being. There's something about her that's so captivating and seductive. And so what if her skin isn't looking the best? Not everyone is perfect and we all know for damn sure everyone has their bad days. We're humans, what do you expect. It's stressful :\

muigeital wrote:i agree! when i first saw her Love Addict pv, i was too busy paying attention at her than the song itself. my main goal was to know who she is cuz she was so beautiful and exotic!

Same here! Most of the time I catch myself being too mesmerized by her than the song xD
honeytoast

Postby willgorgor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:33 am

muigeital wrote:what happened with leslie? was it press about his death or him overall? you know what, it seems like in the world today, no one doesn't get bashed unless they end up dead. i truly think michael jackson is a prime example.

About Leslie, it happened in 2000 during the Passion Tour, it's not something i've read afterwards, but I was there and experienced everything the HK media did. Wiki will probably explains it much better than me:
In 2000, Cheung held his last concert series, Passion Tour. Passion Tour included 43 concerts, lasting from 31 July 2000 to 16 April 2001. It was his most disputable, and possibly best concert. Cheung worked at the first time as the art director as well as the singer for the concert. He invited Jean-Paul Gaultier to design all eight costumes for the concert. However, the costumes, together with his long wig and beard, were criticized bitterly by Hong Kong media at the early stage of the concerts. Cheung later disclosed that Gaultier was very angry about the criticism and claimed in an email (sent to Cheung) that he would never design costumes again for any Asian performer. Despite the early criticisms from the media, Passion Tour achieved huge success. Passion Tour was highly welcomed in Japan and made Cheung hold 10 concerts there. Together with World Tour 97 concerts, Cheung set a record of foreign artists of holding 16 concerts in Japan. In China, Cheung set a record yet to be broken by holding two consecutive night concerts in Shanghai Stadium (capacity of 80,000). He was also awarded the "Grand Salute Award" (2000) by Mingpao Weekly (Hong Kong) and "Music Salute Award" (2000) from Chinese Pop Music Media Association (mainland China) for his work in Passion Tour.

You know the thing is, after the first concert in HK the reporters from different magazines/newspapers rushed to the backstage and told Leslie how awesome the concert was, it was all praises. But the next day the stories in the magazines/newspapers were 100% the opposite. It was as negative as can be. They were only talking about the long hair and costumes and not the performances, the songs, the stage, the lighting, the sound, you know, the actual concert itself.
It is believed that Leslie started to have depression after this. Leslie poured his heart, time and money into this project, just to be ridiculed by the HK media.

HK is just not ready for an artist like Leslie, setting new trends and constantly moving forward.
willgorgor

Postby Saya » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:19 pm

willgorgor wrote:
muigeital wrote:what happened with leslie? was it press about his death or him overall? you know what, it seems like in the world today, no one doesn't get bashed unless they end up dead. i truly think michael jackson is a prime example.

About Leslie, it happened in 2000 during the Passion Tour, it's not something i've read afterwards, but I was there and experienced everything the HK media did. Wiki will probably explains it much better than me:
In 2000, Cheung held his last concert series, Passion Tour. Passion Tour included 43 concerts, lasting from 31 July 2000 to 16 April 2001. It was his most disputable, and possibly best concert. Cheung worked at the first time as the art director as well as the singer for the concert. He invited Jean-Paul Gaultier to design all eight costumes for the concert. However, the costumes, together with his long wig and beard, were criticized bitterly by Hong Kong media at the early stage of the concerts. Cheung later disclosed that Gaultier was very angry about the criticism and claimed in an email (sent to Cheung) that he would never design costumes again for any Asian performer. Despite the early criticisms from the media, Passion Tour achieved huge success. Passion Tour was highly welcomed in Japan and made Cheung hold 10 concerts there. Together with World Tour 97 concerts, Cheung set a record of foreign artists of holding 16 concerts in Japan. In China, Cheung set a record yet to be broken by holding two consecutive night concerts in Shanghai Stadium (capacity of 80,000). He was also awarded the "Grand Salute Award" (2000) by Mingpao Weekly (Hong Kong) and "Music Salute Award" (2000) from Chinese Pop Music Media Association (mainland China) for his work in Passion Tour.

You know the thing is, after the first concert in HK the reporters from different magazines/newspapers rushed to the backstage and told Leslie how awesome the concert was, it was all praises. But the next day the stories in the magazines/newspapers were 100% the opposite. It was as negative as can be. They were only talking about the long hair and costumes and not the performances, the songs, the stage, the lighting, the sound, you know, the actual concert itself.
It is believed that Leslie started to have depression after this. Leslie poured his heart, time and money into this project, just to be ridiculed by the HK media.
HK is just not ready for an artist like Leslie, setting new trends and constantly moving forward.

NO OFFENCE TO FELLOW MATES HERE LIKE HK SINGERS,
But HK singers nowadays is..how to say it.."Shitty"
You have no idea what are they singing and what's the song about.
The really good ones are mostly retired or in heaven..
If I can change the world,
I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You will think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
Saya

Postby willgorgor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 pm

^
Pretty much. It's really sad that Leslie, Anita and Roman left us just a few months from each other.
But i'm happy that the HK fans still remember and are still supporting Leslie.
The last 2 compilations which were released April 2009 in HK did really well, selling more than 120,000 copies within 10 days. Which is A LOT!
The singer nowadays are already partying when they sell 10,000 copies.

But I agree with you Saya, the new generation HK singers are pretty shitty, extremely forced lyrics, which makes the song very cheesy and they have no singing skills.
willgorgor

Next

Return to Chat-Room