Board index Mika Nakashima Chat-Room

Which Mika album/DVD should I buy next?

Postby marylily2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am

Basically, I only own one of Mika's albums physically (don't judge me, I'm super poor!) and I'm desperately trying to buy the rest. I've been given a little bit of money this Christmas which has been awesome but I just don't know what to spend it on Mika wise and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions/thoughts? Keep in mind, I can only really buy one item.

I'd love to own 'Love' physically so I'm definitely contemplating that.
I'm very much contemplating pre ordering Real.
I was considering starting from the very beginning and trying to work my way through until I own them all.
But then there's all her DVDs as well...

Can anyone tell me about her DVDs? Which one is the best? What do they have on them? And what's everyone's favourite album?

I need help!! I can't make these kinds of decisions, I love everything of Mika's too much :lol:
Mary
marylily2

Re: Which Mika album/DVD should I buy next?

Postby Utena » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 am

I would definitly get my favorite album first (if LOVE is the one, then you should get it first) BUT, on the other hand, it's also very exciting to get new things... REAL seems nice so far so I would probably get it first and support her (one copy is not a lot, but it's still nice to feel like your copy is part of the Oricon sales, right?)

I know I bought most of her CDS before ordering her DVD, because DVDs are really expensive...

My favorite album would be MUSIC, closely followed by STAR and maybe REAL soon :P
As for my favorite live DVD.. mmh Let's Music Tour could be the one, if not then I would for for YES MY JOY. THE ONLY STAR has a very special place in my heart but vocally definitly not her best.
Utena
Site Admin

Postby Ana » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey Marylily,

So...since you've said you can only afford one Mika album at this time, you can start by purchasing the one that you want the most. You could start with Love, which is considered her best album; pre-order Real; or even buy any one of her other albums (or, if you can find them, one of her two mini-albums); then, you could purchase another one little by little until you have them all. That's what I did when I first started buying her albums, even though I bought them all (including No More Rules) chronologically over the past 10+ years. And I myself can't wait to have the Real album in my collection even if it means buying both releases (CD-only and limited with DVD) separately rather than both at the same time, which I can't afford to do right now myself. In fact, both Real and Andrea Bocelli's Passione album are the first two albums released in 2013 - they'll be out one day apart from each other for the Valentine's Day season - that I want the most myself, and no, I'm not a fangirl, LOL! Again, the reason is that I can't afford a whole truckload of CDs, so I like to decide on which ones I want the most, then take it from there.

As for Mika's DVDs, there's a lot to roll through, but I'll just state that she has a series called the Film Lotus series, which compiles several of her music videos on each one and a truckload of behind-the-scenes stuff, interviews in some cases, live performances on most of them, TV spots, etc. Then there are six live DVDs (I'm assuming that a seventh one, a Live is Real DVD, will be released either this year or next, since she'll begin that tour in May). Of these, I can't say which one I like the most as I like them all (although I don't have The Only Star).

She also has compilation DVDs such as Best (which includes all of her videos from 'Stars' to 'Glamorous Sky' and Greatest Lotus (same, except all of her videos up through 'Love is Ecstasy' are included).

My favorite Mika album? Darn...tough choice since I like all of them. XD

Anyway, good luck with future Mika purchases!
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Postby marylily2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Thank you so much for all of your replies, it was really helpful and appreciated! :D

I was lucky enough to have been given Love for Christmas (and I'm loving it so much!) so I didn't have to fork out for that. So I used my money to pre order the limited edition version of Real which is very exciting.

I definitely want to work my way through and purchase every album though, and I also would like all her DVDs if I can. I'm nervous about navigating round those with my lack of Japanese though. :lol:
Mary
marylily2

Postby Ana » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

marylily2 wrote:Thank you so much for all of your replies, it was really helpful and appreciated! :D

I was lucky enough to have been given Love for Christmas (and I'm loving it so much!) so I didn't have to fork out for that. So I used my money to pre order the limited edition version of Real which is very exciting.

I definitely want to work my way through and purchase every album though, and I also would like all her DVDs if I can. I'm nervous about navigating round those with my lack of Japanese though. :lol:

You can go about doing so via YesAsia Global.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

Also, you could check eBay, which has a good deal of her merchandise - often for lower prices than advertised on other online sites even though eBay's an auction site.
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Return to Chat-Room