Board index Mika Nakashima News

Re: NEW SINGLE : 一番綺麗な私を (2010/08/25 OUT)

Postby micaddict » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

< Mika has got a No.1 ranking >

USEN annual ranking in 2010 has been released on Dec. 9.
Topping J-POP total ranking is Nakashima Mika-san's "Ichiban Kireina Watashi Wo", and topping J-POP request ranking is SA.RI.NA's "Single Mother".

The rankings are based on the requests from listeners and the records of broadcastings on USEN cable broadcast. It's like saying that songs most frequently heard in town this year were selected.

(p.s.... Mika took second place in J-POP "request" ranking)
micaddict

Postby Utena » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:53 pm

That's pretty amazing! I saw the news this morning and I had a little pinch in my heart thinking about Mika.. Hope she's fine and happy about this ^_^
Utena
Site Admin

Postby Ana » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 pm

micaddict wrote:< Mika has got a No.1 ranking >

USEN annual ranking in 2010 has been released on Dec. 9.
Topping J-POP total ranking is Nakashima Mika-san's "Ichiban Kireina Watashi Wo", and topping J-POP request ranking is SA.RI.NA's "Single Mother".

The rankings are based on the requests from listeners and the records of broadcastings on USEN cable broadcast. It's like saying that songs most frequently heard in town this year were selected.

(p.s.... Mika took second place in J-POP "request" ranking)

That's great...I'm sure Mika must have had a great Christmas present with that.
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Postby micaddict » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:52 am

And.........................................
Four years have passed!!! :mrgreen:

Hi, Speakeasy, ashado, Ana, blai, singingspider, Umi, torrent, Nacchan, higa, piky9x, Chewbacca, phoenix.blood, ray, Utena, and everyone in the forum!!! How have you been??? Hope you all are doing well!!! 8-)

The song was finally sold 38,413 copies. ;)

It was one of the most 'unique' songs for Mika.
WIKI says, "This song has been noted for its "old-sounding" tune reminiscent of 20th-century Japanese pop songs."
The feeling of 'nostalgia' comes from the musical scale used in this song. I mean, the melody of the song is written in 'pentatonic scale' and the scale itself reminds us of the older Japanese (East Asian) songs.

:idea: *pentatonic scale* : ('penta' means 'five')
The major pentatonic scale => C(do), D(re), E(mi), G(sol), A(la)..... F(fa) and B(si) are not included in this scale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0_F_isPfI

Official page at that time.....

And as you know, Mika announced she would be taking a break from singing due to 'patulous Eustachian tubes' on Oct 22, 2010. This impressive pic was captured from the ending of her last performance of this song on TV before the break.....
micaddict

Previous

Return to News