Board index Mika Nakashima Translations

Various translations

magazines and websites

Postby micaddict » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Mika's
"Five things that I want to do at the end of the world."
from a magazine Monthly EXILE. (...thanks, Utena-san ;) )

1. To spend time with my favorite people
........I want to gather my family, my loved one, friends... favorite people together in one place and spend the last moment. It would be great if we could all end getting drinks and laughing together.

2. To use up everything
........I want to use up everything I possess, such as money or those goods I have. There'll be no time for that, though.

3. To wear my favorite makeup and change into my favorite clothes
........I want to spend time with my favorite makeup on, putting slightly dark eye makeup and red lipstick... and with my favorite clothes on, wearing a white jacket like a one-piece. I usually feel good emotionally to dress properly.

4. To eat "Ramen with rice"
........I definitely want to have rice for the Last Supper. Or rather, I want to eat "Ramen-rice" that is seasoned with miso.

5. To listen to "I'm Kissing You" at full volume
........The song I want to listen to at the end would be Des'ree's "I'm Kissing You". I want to end listening at full volume. As for my songs... it would be "JOY". I want to meet my end singing the song together with my favorite people and saying "Thank you".

:arrow: I'm Kissing You by Des'ree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC4lIW37R4Y
micaddict

Re: magazines and websites

Postby Utena » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm

that's so sweet, I wouldn't even know what I would do myself if the world were to end..
I love I'm Kissing You too, I used to listen to it A LOT when I was in highschool :o
Utena
Site Admin

Postby micaddict » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Bio Hazzard (Resident Evil) V - Retribution One-night Premiere for Lotus members will be held on Sep.10, 2012 somewhere in Tokyo. 200 couples, 400 people will be invited by lot..... :P

Here's an article from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed recently.

Surprise Live @ "NANA" Premiere
On Aug. 31, 2005 ( :idea: seven years ago today), a special preview of "NANA" was held and there was a surprise live performance by Nana and Reira after the screening.
Ito Yuna-san who played "Reira" appeared first wearing the same pure white long dress as the movie and sang "Endless Story" which had been sung during the movie emotionally.
And then, Mika-chan appeared in Vivienne Westwood's Punk Fashion which had been introduced in the nationwide tour and sang the inserted song "My Medicine" and the theme song "Glamorous Sky".
The audience of 400 in the hall all stood up and was absolutely charmed by the performances of "BLAST" and "TRANES" that had jumped out from the movie.

micaddict

Postby micaddict » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:47 pm

NAGAREBOSHI (a shooting star)...Mika's 30th single......
"Let us head off toward the same future" was the main theme (sales copy for the tie-up "HouseMate" CM).
It was released on Nov. 4, 2009. Reached #10 on the Oricon weekly chart and sold 18,207 copies.
Here's an article about its PV shooting from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed recently.

Shooting took place at a garden of a private house located on a hill in Yokohama. We borrowed a living room for makeup. The owner seems a cat lover and there are many ceramic cats and cat goods everywhere in the house. Mika-chan got very excited. She found a cat behind the glass door but soon it got away.
And there was one more thing she liked. It was an orange osmanthus planted in the inner garden and she was surprised to find that it had been perfectly pruned into a heart shape.

The shooting started when the city lights of Minato-mirai began to be lit after the sunset. She'd sing riding on a swing, but the rope was so long that she couldn't gain speed no matter how hard she tried to swing. The director, seeing this, finally began to push Nakashima's back many times. While she got high-spirited like a child given a push by father, she half-jokingly comfirmed the staff if the rope would never break and she'd never be thrown out.

As the ropes of the swing were unexpectedly hard, Mika-chan began feeling pain on her palms. The stylist put sponges on her palms so as not to get blisters. She continued to swing on and on and the shooting went smoothly because of such an invisible effort.

As the evening went on, the staff began to get frustrated since the lights of offices and houses they tried to shoot were getting fewer and the shooting with music might cause a nuisance to the neighbors....
And at last, the shooting was completed! They shook hands each other greeting in whispers.

Short footage...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C5xAkiz-EM
Still available...
http://www.mtvjapan.com/nagareboshi/photo
Someone tried to find the location...
http://ameblo.jp/yu-0429/entry-10389230060.html
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 am

There was a premiere of NANA2 at Tokyo Forum, Hall-C on Dec. 5, 2006.

Here's an article from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed recently.

Before the screening, the cast and the director appeared on the stage and talked about their thoughts on the movie and the movie's highlights.
Mika-chan commented "On one hand, I was relieved. And on the other hand, I'm afraid of what people would feel about the movie after seeing and I have now mixed feelings." And mentioned the Guerilla Live, "Although I forgot doing things that needed to be done from being nervous and excited, I think it was good to be able to create real live feeling as a result."

After the screening, there was a special live performance. First, Ito Yuna-san appeared in a red long dress, same as the one REIRA put on in the movie, and sang the insert song "Truth" gently.

And after that, the scene of Nana going to the Guerilla Live was shown on the curtain. And when the curtain was opened up, we found a huge CDcover of "THE END". And amid the cheers, the spotlight beamed the middle of the stage. There stood Mika-chan wearing the same black patent leather coat as the one she wore in the scene of Guerilla Live in the movie. Then she began to sing the theme song "Hitoiro" holding a microphone stand decorated with red roses and a ribon. And she took the microphone from the stand and started shouting emotionally as the song progressed.

After the only one time special live by "BLACK STONES" and TRAPNEST" that had jumped out of the movie, the cheering of the fans lasted for long minutes in the hall filled with excitement and fever.
...........................................................................................Wooow, I wanted to go :( ...

We can still enjoy a lot of pictures here.......
http://www.damagedsoul.net/nana/movie2/gallery.html
...and a heartwarming message from Yazawa Ai-san
http://www.damagedsoul.net/nana/movie2/c10.jpg
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm

31st single "ALWAYS" was released on Jan. 20, 2010.
Reached #3 on the Oricon weekly chart and sold 44,389 copies.
Here's an article about its PV shooting from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed last year.

MV of ALWAYS was directed by Muto Masashi-san who did "CRESCENT MOON" "RESISTANCE" "Aishiteru" "FIND THE WAY" and "Yuki no Hana".

The room scene was taken first.
It was the scene of singing and while Mika-chan was singing over and over for a few hours, tears started to fill her eyes. Then, she dropped a tear! All the staff stared at a monitor breathlessly. After that, singing scenes with tears continued on and on and at last, she couldn't stop crying. The director seemed to be surprised and moved at the sight.
As for the watch she had while singing...
The director and Mika-chan decided in advance that she sang clasping something her lover had left behind. Just then, she found the stylist Watanabe-san wearing a smart wristwatch and forcibly snatched it. It played an active role.

And next, a white costume scene.
It was taken by "super high-speed photography" for visual effect like a shooting under water. A special camera that was used in the shooting extends 10-second film shoot to 10-minute movie.
Mika-chan was standing up on a mesh grid. There were many large fans and 7 staff were holding the ends of the costume from various sides, under the grid or on the stepladders.
The fans started rotating and the staff released the costume at the director's cue. Then the hair and the costume started flying. After several times of attempt, Mika-chan suggested "How about jumping?." It brought a good result.

The shooting ended after lots of takes.

and...here's the director, Muto-san's popular video clip filmed on May 5, 2010.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfKZ-1jyiw
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 pm

An article from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed last year.............

On March 04, 2005, to take MTV's surprise live program "mtv JAMMED", Mika-chan suddenly showed up at a high school graduation ceremony in Chiba and sang songs emotionally.

On that day, of all things, trains that students usually use stopped because of snow falling in the morning and there was a probability of suspension of the graduation ceremony. But the ceremony managed to start two hours late.

After the presentation of diplomas, The principal's speech was followed by the performance of Mika-chan, and she gently sang three songs, "Sakurairo Maukoro" "Yuki no Hana" and "WILL".

"No one will ever know" was the first principle of this surprise live. Under a strict information blackout, people who knew about it until the previous day were only the principal and the vice-principal. 850 people of students and parents got very excited at the unexpected live performance. It became a present of a wonderful memory for the graduates.

you can still enjoy.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MtdzCLvFF8
and its report on MTV website.........
http://www.mtvjapan.com/event/mtvjammed/mika.html
........................................................................The shooting of the film NANA ended March 22 ;) ...
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 am

Mika's third album "MUSIC" was released on 2005/03/09.
Reached #1 on the Oricon weekly chart and sold 547,148 copies.
Here's an article about its massive advertising campaign with some photos from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed last year.....................

To coincide with release of "MUSIC", "Nakashima Mika's MUSIC" jacked Shibuya's "Center-gai" street and Inokashira street.
Both sides of Center-gai street were filled with flags and the songs from "MUSIC" were played all day long.
And a large ad was placed on the wall of "Shibuya109".

.....and Mika introduced "MUSIC" on CDTV.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL07cGSR8Fk
............................................................................................... wow "SONY" !!! :mrgreen: .........
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 am

Mika's first album "TRUE" was released on 2002/08/28.
Topped the "Oricon Album Chart" for three straight weeks and sold 1,173,534 copies.
Here's an article about its advertising campaign with some photos from "SPECIAL" of Mika's official site which was closed last year.....................

“TRUE” SHIBUYA JACK REPORT
Mika-chan's "Shibuya Jack" for the release of album "TRUE" that has become the talk of the town... we're gonna report what goes on in Shibuya to those who are far from Shibuya.
:arrow: over Shibuya station, zoomed, large screen.....
:arrow: on Center street, zoomed, at HMV, inside the store.....
:arrow: at TowerRecord, at Tsutaya, inside the store, from the ceiling.....
micaddict

Postby micaddict » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Already a year has passed since viewtopic.php?f=17&t=370#p3393

Three Housemate's TVCMs are still available here.
#1 : Determination part
#2 : Confession part
#3 : Beginning part
http://www.housemate.co.jp/new/tvcm_10/index_cm.html

..............................................................wanna see Mika's CM on TV again soon :| .......
micaddict

Next

Return to Translations