Board index Off Topic General chat-room

Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Postby micaddict » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 am

Resident Evil Afterlife (Bio Hazard IV) ............ Oh, Mika-chan !
micaddict

Postby muigeital » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 pm

micaddict wrote:Resident Evil Afterlife (Bio Hazard IV) ............ Oh, Mika-chan !

how was the movie overall?

a month ago, i skipped "new moon" and watched "eclipse". i felt like i was being dragged through hell. dakota was a good touch though.

i just watched "the social network". at first when i saw trailers coming out, i wasn't that interested to go see it (at least in theatres)...but soon i kept on hearing good reviews, so i went and was pleasantly surprised! i thought it was pretty well done, with a good amount of suspense and fast pace. after the movie was finished, the first thing i wanted to do was to go on facebook, lol!

i can't wait to watch THE TOURIST and HARRY POTTER <- boo! on cancelling 3d on part 1 though!!!!
♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥
muigeital

Postby ray » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 pm

I thought "Resident Evil: Afterlife" wasn't too bad because the action scenes were quite good and the 3D effects weren't too over-used. It's a shame that Mika didn't have a bigger part in the movie, but I thought she looked very nice in it.

I'm also looking forward to watching Harry Potter, as well as "The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader". I love horror movies so I'm hoping to watch "Paranormal Activity 2" this coming weekend.

Last weekend, I went to watch "Vampire Sucks", which is a spoof comedy version of the Twilight movies, and I didn't think it was very funny so I wouldn't recommend it. A few weeks ago, I watched "Buried" and I enjoyed it more than I was expecting because Ryan Reynolds gave a pretty good performance in it, even though he was trapped in a box throughout the whole movie.
ray

Postby muigeital » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:06 am

I just watched saw 7 in 3d last night. Now I can officially say I followed the entire series from the start to the end. Unfortunately, the movie was just alright, in parts, I actually found it to be quite sloppy. Saw original FTW! 3d wasn't worth it, it made little difference. it's quite evident that it wasn't meant to be a 3d feature. :(
♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥
muigeital

Postby Lauren » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Watched Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. It sucked D:

Wants to watch Harry Potter and Narnia (Caspian *drools*), too!!
Lauren

Postby Ana » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:44 am

How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey (this evening, but not the whole movie). It was all right, but not as good as the 1966 animated version that Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios produced.
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Postby micaddict » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 am

Youkame no Semi
.... It was simply moving. And Mika's ending theme song was so emotional and beautiful.
.... I was lucky to have "sunglasses", 'cause it was sunny day today 8-)
micaddict

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 am

I watched approx. half of "Men Who Hate Women" or "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," a swedish movie. I read the book, so I was interested in seeing the movie; however, I was busy today, so I only watched half. I totally recommend reading the novel!
Lauren

Postby micaddict » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 pm

I went to see "Despicable Me 2" (Gru the phantom thief's Minion close scrape) today.
Seat occupancy rate was about 10%, as it was a.m. on a weekday.

At 8 minutes into the movie, Mika Lucy appeared. "Mr.Gru!" in the trailer was the first line. I could watch free from anxiety for a while after that, as the familiar scenes lasted for a couple of minutes.

And the movie went on toward 'unknown world'...
Exchange with Gru started in earnest at the scene of "Bake My Day". Unexpectedly went on nicely, though her voice got a little bit 'hyper'. There're some people who say "She simply read lines", but I think that it suited Lucy's atmosphere well as a result.
At the scene of "Salsa & Salsa", the conversation between Gru and Lucy already went on quite smoothly. Especially, the scene of Gru with Shannon, a woman he didn't like and Lucy, and the scene of separation from Gru were really nicely done. At last, Lucy looked increasingly like Mika as the drama progressed. And Lucy in the plane heading to the new place of work was also funny and lovely.

As a matter of fact, I started to see the movie nervously at first as she played the role of a heroine. But my anxiety finally turned out to be groundless.
98 minutes went by surprisingly fast. 8-)
...................................................................sadly, this Japanese-dubbed version will never be released outside Japan ;) ....
micaddict

Postby Utena » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I'll definitely buy the Japanese release just to listen to Mika's voice ♥
Utena
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General chat-room