Board index Off Topic General chat-room

Tell us the meaning of your username

Postby Utena » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Tell us the meaning of your username.

I used the same username since I was 12. It was after watching an episode of Shojo Kakumei Utena on TV, I totally fall in love with this character. Back then I was somehow like her, and I thought she was really cool! XD
I thought I would change this nickname but I'm linked to it somehow and I still love that anime :)
Utena
Site Admin

Re: Tell us the meaning of your username

Postby muigeital » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 pm

i made my username for forums during my high school days. throughout the years, i've used a variation of it by adding dashes and underscores. "muigei" is modelled after what my dad called me then (but the pronouciation is kinda weird, but it looked nice so i just left it, lol) and "tal" is from the last 3 letters of my name. there's no particular meaning at all really, but i've been really loyal to it and didn't bother changing it.
♥♥♥♥ 浜崎あゆみ ♥ 東方神起 ♥ 이효리 ♥ 中島美嘉 ♥ Super Junior ♥
muigeital

Postby Ana » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:15 pm

My username also happens to be my first name. I thought of using other usernames, but I figured my first name was fine enough
I have ten thousand kitties in my room. (Just kidding.)
Ana

Postby Lauren » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

My username is also my name XD
Lauren

Postby ray » Sun May 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Haha Utena, I was actually curious at how your name came about, so I'm glad you've now revealed the answer. :)

My username is also my name. I was considering using the username 'Evil Bunny' (don't ask why haha) but I decided against it in the end.
ray

Postby Utena » Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 pm

^ now I really want to knoooow x)
Utena
Site Admin

Postby ray » Sun May 02, 2010 8:22 pm

^ Haha Utena, it's a bit of a long story. My Chinese zodiac sign is the Year of the Rabbit, so on another forum I go to, I used a picture of a bunny doll as my avatar picture (the bunny doll was bought for me by my mum when I was a kid). On one occasion on the forum, I was teasing one of the members and she joked that I was an evil bunny, so I ended up changing my avatar picture by adding red eyes and big teeth to it:

Since then, I have been known as the 'Evil Bunny' on that other forum! :D
ray

Postby ashado » Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 am

My username is the name of the horse that won the Kentucky Oaks in 2004 and I have been using it since November of 2004. I have no idea if the name has any actual meaning though.
ashado

Postby Speakeasy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Well my username is named after illegal underground bars in 1920's America, partly because I'm obsessed with classic noir glamor. And I also have a reputation of not posting for extended period of time, where ppl just assumed I went "speak-easy". So I thought that'd be a cool name.
Speakeasy

Postby IceQueen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:54 pm

My username comes from my favourite character in 'Shaman King', Anna Kyouyama, who had the nickname Ice Queen for always being cold towards everyone and showing no emotions. I thought she was really cool and because I have been told before that it's difficult to read my emotions at times, I adopted this username since I was in Junior High ^^
IceQueen

Return to General chat-room