Board index Mika Nakashima Fan-Works

Covers?

Postby Chewbacca » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello everybody! I just wanted to ask if anybody is trying to cover our Mika's songs in one way or another?
I'm quite anxious to admit that I actually do. I was talked into posting this by Micaddict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1d-z087Ak
It started from this. As the description says, it's only a practice so be gentle in your evaluation of my skills :D

Having heard it, micaddict himself, added the background music and now it sounds like this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2SGCUZ9

I guess there's more to come, hopefully sounding better.
Chewbacca

Re: Covers?

Postby Utena » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 pm

ooow so that was from you :D
I really liked your cover! I never really tried myself simply because I don't have the right material to (and not such a pretty voice eitherahah)

Anyway, your cover of 'ORION' is one of the best I've heard so far! It's really smooth and touching, especially at the end of the last chorus. ^^
I would love to hear a cover of 'Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo' from you someday, I think it could sound awesome! :D

(nice kitty picture btw :p)
Utena
Site Admin

Postby Chewbacca » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Thank you very much, Utena! It is always pleasant to read such nice words :D
I'll think of singing Mika's "Ichiban" cause her ballads are really nice to sing. When it's ready I'll post it here ^^

(Yeah, I love that picture, that's why I used it. On my previous channel, where I mostly covered Laruku, I used catpictures a lot :P)
Chewbacca

Postby mikeymike720 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:21 am

I've seen so many people trying to do covers, honestly nobody can hit the same notes or even get close to the level of perfection of her songs, even Van Tomiko couldn't even get close to the notes Mika hits in Yuki no Hana. Said that, I'd love to learn to play "Shadows of You" with a violin.
mikeymike720

Return to Fan-Works